- Dancers are asked to be respectful and courteous to all instructors, guests, parents and other dancers.
- The waiting room should be respected as a quite zone. Noise from the waiting room is disruptive to classes.
- Dancers are expected to be fully prepared prior to their class start time, including appropriate attire, hair & shoes.
- Students wearing inappropriate dancewear or shoes will be asked to watch rather than take class.
- No gum, food, or drinks are allowed in the studio with the exception of water bottles.
- No cell phones, jewelry or watches.
- PLEASE be as punctual as possible. It is the teacher’s discretion as to whether a child is too late for class. Please be courteous and ask the teacher if your child can still participate. Being late is disruptive to the other students and your dancer is missing valuable class time.
- A courtesy email is very much appreciated if your dancer is ill or will not be able to attend class.
- Teachers are only responsible for students while they are in class. Parents are responsible for helping their children change, making sure they make it to class on time and picking them up on time.
- Visitors are asked not to enter the studios while classes are in session.
- Please help us keep our restrooms, waiting room and dance studios neat and clean.
- In case of a severe weather emergency, Doxa Dance Studio will follow Alachua County Public School closings.
|Pre-Ballet||Black leotard and pink footed tights. No skirts allowed.||Bun. Secured away from face/shoulders.||Pink leather or canvas.|
|Ballet & Pointe||Black leotard and pink footed tights. No skirts allowed.||Bun. Secured away from face/shoulders.||Pink leather or canvas. Pointe – Instructor’s Discretion|
|Jazz||Solid color leotard and black jazz pants.||Ponytail or bun. Secured away from face/shoulders.||Black jazz shoes or black jazz sneakers.|
|Tap||Solid color leotard and black jazz pants.||Ponytail or bun. Secured away from face/shoulders.||Black tap shoes.|
|Modern||Solid color leotard and black footless tights. No skirts/shorts allowed.||Ponytail or bun. Secured away from face/shoulders.||No shoes required.|
|Hip-Hop||Comfortable clothes you can move in, no jeans.||No requirements – away from face.||Non-marking sneakers.|
- All students enrolled in classes are required to be setup on Auto-Pay.
- Doxa’s regular dance season is from August – May. Tuition will be debited from your selected auto-pay account on the 5th of each month.
- If your auto-pay draft is declined you will have until the 10th of the month to update your auto-pay account and make your payment. A $10 late fee will be added to your account if not paid by the 10th of the month.
- If you decide to withdraw your dancer, you are responsible for logging on to your on-line portal and withdrawing your dancer prior to the beginning of a new month. This will cancel your tuition auto-pay.
- Parents are responsible for payment as long as their dancers’ names are on the class roster.
- Once paid, tuition is non-refundable or non-transferrable.
- Tuition is a per calendar month charge not a per class charge.
- Your monthly tuition is the same regardless of the amount of weeks in the month or the amount of classes your child chooses to attend.
- There are no tuition deductions for absences or scheduled holidays.
- It is the account holder’s responsibility to keep payment information on file up to date.
- Please try to keep missed classes to a minimum. Excessive absences or tardiness may result in your dancer not being able to advance to the next dance level.
- Due to recital preparations, a student missing more than three classes starting the month of February through May, may not be allowed to participate in the recital.
- Make-up classes are allowed only if the student misses a class due to illness or being out of town.
- Make-up classes must be taken within one month of the missed class. Please contact the studio to schedule a make-up class.
- The opportunity for make-up classes will no longer be available after the month of February due to recital preparation.
- There will be an end of the year recital for all classes.
- a recital commitment form will be due early December.
- All costume fees are due by January 5th. Costumes not paid by the due date WILL NOT be ordered.
- All costume fees are non-refundable.
- Costumes will not be ordered or sent home if your account has an outstanding balance.
- All accounts must be brought up-to-date as of May 10th in order for your child to participate in the recital.
- All classes during the months leading up to the recital are of the utmost importance to your dancer as well as the entire class. Please keep absences to a minimum for the benefit of your child’s performance.
- Teachers are only responsible for students while they are in class. The studio is not setup to supervise students outside of schedule class times.
- We ask that you do not leave your dancer, 11 years old or younger, unattended in the waiting room. Dancers 11 years old or younger must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Upon arrival, students should remain in the waiting room until their teacher comes to line them up for class. The teacher will then escort the entire class into the studio.
- Parents should be present inside the waiting room by the end of their dancer’s class. Teachers will escort the class back to the waiting room and dismiss the students one at a time.
- For students ages 12 and up. Early drop off and late pick up is not permitted. Students must not be dropped off more than 10 minutes prior to their class and need to be picked up at the end of their class time.
- Please do not encourage your child to find you in the parking lot. Dancers are never allowed to stand outside the dance studio when waiting for a ride.
- Please be prompt in picking up your child. A $10 babysitting fee will be billed starting at 10 minutes past the end of the class.